Thursday, December 3, 2009

Short note on Perth trip

Back from Perth.. I would say the trip is FATTENING!! This is no help at all when I've already gained kilos from a month of writing.. Minghao starts pointing out my flabby (not that they haven been flabby before) arms and my gigantic thigh.. Oh well, jogging session will be starting this week and I gotta lose some kilos to a thinner build or even maintain my-already plumpy build.. Just dont be too plump larrrrr... aiyo...

Anyway, back to Perth... If you are wondering why is it such a fattening trip, I would say the food in Perth are really good.. Not to mention the steak from the restaurant in our hotel.. We had it twice, mind you... Even the lousiest food we had was from Hog's Breath.. So you can imagine how the food are like there... Perth itself is kinda boring though... I feel in love with Northbridge once I found them from my guidebook... True enough, lots of food, pubs and people!! Much more than the city itself...

Enough abt food, did I mention that I like the public transport there as well? The trains are clean unlike Melbourne ones.. And they have buses that brings you around the city for free mind you!! They named it Blue, Yellow and Red Cats, each colour brings you to different part of the city... Other than the public transport, there's nothing special about the city... Oh ya, they should have more trees around the city.. It doesnt help at all when it gets really sunny and I can feel my skin burning under the UV light, which I resorted to buying a sunblock lotion at that very moment.. Aside from the public transport, I still prefer Melbourne city ♥

Oh ya, dont forget to drop by King's Park.. Take Jacob's ladder as well just for the experience.. Ermm, not for those who are afraid of heights.. But personally, I don't think that it's anything frightening because it's just a normal staircase with nice view.. Oh well, I would never understand that kind of feeling I think.. Minghao managed to get to the top and snapped some photos.. Good for him... =)))

We also went to Hyden town for Wave Rock.. Unfortunately, it was really HOT on that day... At least 35 degrees I would say.. Nothing spectacular, some unique rocks with lots of flies flying around on that day... It took us 4 hours drive one way just to look at the rocks.. I wouldn't recommend ppl to go despite the unique rocks though.. Not worth the long drive..

Pinnacles is definitely not to be missed.. Minghao got so excited when he found out that he gets to drive around the desert.. I would post a photo of him posing in the middle of the desert (if he allows me to).. We dropped by to look at the stromatolites as well at Lake Thetis (gotta pronounce that properly otherwise you will ended up looking embarrassed).. Amazing I would say.. Not just the stromatolites, having a lake in the middle of nowhere and it is full of stromatolites is definitely amazing.. Cervantes shouldnt be missed as well.. Nice little town, I miss the helpful lady at the tourist information centre.. She brought us (literally) to the wonderful blue beach with soft sand.. I would prefer this beach than Bondi though... Couldn't recall the name of the beach at this moment..

Planned to do some sand-boarding but ended up reaching Lancelin a little bit too late.. Ended up taking some lousy photos of sand dunes.. It looks more amazing in reality instead of through the lens.. Might be coming back again for sand-boarding in the future.. ♥

Might be posting the photos here soon.. Otherwise, in facebook you will find them.. cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment